5.13.2008

We Got Birds!!





We decided to go to our neighbors Wild Birds Unlimited store to purchase some bird feeders to see if we could convince some birds to hang out in our yard. Gavin helped pick out a green Finch feeder and an orange Hummingbird feeder. We hung them up on Sunday afternoon and within a couple hours, the Finches found us....and they haven't stopped eating since!! Gavin loves to sit at the table and watch all the birds come to the feeder. We haven't had a Hummingbird yet, but we're patiently waiting. So far we've had lots of Finches and one Hairy Woodpecker (or so the birdbook says...). Hopefully we'll share some pictures of a Hummingbird or two soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Gavin!! Those birds will love you. We had a hummer at the feeder today, and a mama and daddy Oriole! They drank the hummers nectar!
Keep watching!

Love you-g'ma Jan

Leo & Eli's Mommy said...

Ok, Come on people...When I told you update I wanted to see pictures of the kids! I can see birds out of my own window, but I don't get to see my sweet Gavie and Kate... :)

I suppose it's ok to have birds, they help Leo Beo eat!